Friday 12 November 2010

Teenage Book Club For Scariff Public Library

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick NessTeenagers in Scariff will soon have their very own book club. The first meeting will be on Tuesday 16th November at 6pm in the library. There will be tea and coffee and biscuits too. All teenagers are welcome to come along. There’s no need to sign up, just show up and why not bring a friend. Our first book will be The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Copies of the book will be available at the meeting. Suggestions for the next book will be very welcome also. Everyone will read the book over the month and then discuss it the next time. Even if you don’t finish it or hate it we want to hear your opinions! See you at the first meeting! Here’s a review of The Knife of Never Letting Go from www.yareads.com: “Wow. I mean, just wow. I’m in shock, I think. I finished reading The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness about forty minutes ago and I just can’t get my brain to work. I’m stuck in time, my thoughts frozen on the last sentence of the novel, my mouth hanging wide open in the shape of an O. I’ve been reading a lot lately, devouring books faster than I can get my hands on them, but nothing – I repeat nothing – stands out nearly half as much as this book does. It’s profound, it’s remarkable, it’s downright captivating.”

No comments: